POSITION: PART-TIME EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Send resume to email@example.com
About the Organization
Seniors’ Pet Assistance Network (SPAN) was founded in 2006. The mission: SPAN secures joyful, healthy relationships between low-income seniors and their companion animals. SPAN serves the needs of Dallas County low-income seniors, 67 years and older with basic veterinary care and pet food.
The Board of Directors seeks an organized, engaging, and passionate leader as the Executive Director (ED). The ED will implement the strategic goals and will handle the overall operations of SPAN’s programs, expansion and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop a deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
- Handle day-to-day operations including coordination of client services, fundraising, communications, finance and administration.
- Provide recommendations to achieve the strategic goals set by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that SPAN’s programs meet the highest standards of excellence.
- Actively engage and energize SPAN’s volunteers.
- Facilitate the formation of committees that will
help achieve the strategic goals of the organization.
Serve as ex-officio of each committee.
- Establish effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components in order to effectively communicate to the board, funders and other constituents the achievements of the organization.
Fundraising and Communications
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support programs and operations.
- Develop and maintain all aspects of communications including print/media, web presence and social media platforms with the goal of strengthening the brand and increasing revenue.
- Be SPAN’s representative and/or spokesperson that will communicate program results to the community.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to older adult client needs.
- Basic knowledge of animal care and pet ownership
- Ability to convey a vision of SPAN’s strategic future to the board, volunteers and funders.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong social media knowledge and capabilities.
- Ability to interface and engage with diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Microsoft Office Suites proficient.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Lifting required.