SPAN secures, healthy relationships between low-income seniors and their companion animals.
We serve the needs of Dallas County low-income seniors, 67 years and older with basic veterinary care and pet food.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing financial assistance for basic veterinary care which is defined as annual shots, preventive heartworm and flea medication. Other veterinary services will be considered on a case by case basis and are contingent on available funds.
- Pet food provided by the Aunt Louise's Pet Food Pantry, delivered by volunteers.
- We serve as a volunteer resource to the elder support programs of Dallas-area senior organizations and in doing so, the organization also strives to improve the quality of life for seniors’ pets. A private 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, SPAN is funded solely through private donations and operated by volunteers.
SPAN Board of Directors
- Founder: Adelle Taylor
- President: Laurie Jennings
- Secretary: Cathy Bell
- Treasurer: Mike Brown
- Public Relations:
- Aunt Louise’s Pet Pantry: Melissa Menz
- Fund Raising & Special Projects:
- Grant Writer and Sponsorship:
- Client Intake / Veterinary Care Coordination: Laura Palmer
- Members at Large: Janet Watson
Open Board Positions
Fund Raising & Special Projects
Grant Writer and Sponsorship