The mission of the Seniors Pet Assistance Network (SPAN) is to serve the needs of
We accomplish this by:
- Providing financial assistance for basic veterinary care which is defined as annual shots, preventive heartworm and flea medication. Other veterinary services will be considered on a case by case basis and are contingent on available funds.
- Pet food provided by the Aunt Louise's Pet Food Pantry.
We serve as a volunteer resource to the elder support programs of Dallas-area senior organizations and in doing so, the organization also strives to improve the quality of life for seniors’ pets. A private 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, SPAN is funded solely through private donations and operated by volunteers.
We couldn't do what we do without the help of our volunteers, veterinarians and other supporters! Thank you to all those who give their time, money and heart to helping our seniors in need.
SPAN Board of Directors
- Founder: Adelle Taylor
- President: Laurie Jennings
- Secretary: Cathy Bell
- Treasurer: Mike Brown
- Public Relations:
- Aunt Louise’s Pet Pantry: Melissa Menz
- Fund Raising & Special Projects:
- Grant Writer and Sponsorship:
- Client Intake / Veterinary Care Coordination: Laura Palmer
- Members at Large: Janet Watson
Open Board Positions
Fund Raising & Special Projects
Grant Writer and Sponsorship